A Place Called Home!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dishes on Display









I have a fetish for dishes!  Some people rescue animals, but I just have to rescue old dishes or mismatched dishes.  The next best thing is then to put them on display!  I love to decorate my china cabinet, changing it with the seasons.  Right now my cabinet is clothed in the glory of fall.  Colored leaves, a pumpkin or two, some turkeys and of course my rescued dishes.  I hope the pictures give you some new ideas for decorating and displaying your dishes.  Decorate even the outside of the cabinet.  How about a wreath on the door of the cabinet, and don't forget the top.  We have cathedral ceilings so I try to add some height to my cabinet.  The latest thing I did was to add a lamp and an old window frame, and a picture frame.   On the window frame I attached a wall hanging to the top. Have fun with it and explore some new ideas.      

No comments: