A Place Called Home!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall Decorating Surprises!

Sometimes decorating is like putting a puzzle together.  One must look for pieces that go together and then stand back and see if they actually fit.  It is a process of trying this and trying that.  When the pieces all fit together, then comes the sigh!!!  Ah, its perfect!!  That happened to me this fall, when trying to pull a vignette together.
After reaching frustration because the puzzle wasn't coming together, I whispered a little prayer, "Lord, Help".  Well, guess what, I had  a light bulb moment.  The thought came to look in the china cabinet!  As you know I love old dishes and this gravy boat is a favorite of mine.The empty dish was just not making it, so, one thing led to another and before I knew it the dish was filled with wonderful surprises.  An old postcard sent to my husbands Grandmother, a picture of my Mother when she was a young girl, a dried rose from my daughters wedding, a paper doily flower from a Christmas party.  All these little treasures are now on display in my dinning room instead of tucked in a drawer.  It was definitely an "Ah" moment when I stood back and admired it!!  I just had to thank the Lord for answering my little "help" prayer in such a delightful way.
I wanted to add a few surprises inside the china cabinet too.  It is so fun to look in and see this little bird.
How about this little bird nestled in a stack of cups.  Love his tail feathers!
This ornate lady is holding a paper mache acorn and a strand of old pearls.
 
Oh, and one more thing to share with you, and that is the centerpiece on my table.  This year I placed some cloth pumpkins and a turkey in a large dish, filling in around them with leaves, acorns and some green grapes.

Fall is such a beautiful time of the year.  The Lord really does put on quite a decorating show, inspiring us with the beautiful outdoors.  What a joy to bring that beauty into our homes too.  Touches of fall that delight the eyes and warm the heart of all who enter our homes.

Blessing from My Home to Yours!
Bev


Let the beauty and delightfulness and favor of the Lord our God be upon us; confirm and establish the work of our hands - yes, the work of our hands, confirm ad establish it.  Psalm 90:17
 

No comments: