A Place Called Home!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Finished Friday- Decorating Inspiration!

Good Morning!  Well the Christmas decorating, for the most part, is done and that feels GREAT!  To continue on with what motivates me to tackle this project with enthusiasm, I will share with you a couple of my favorite shops.  I can go there and come home inspired.  They always have new and exciting ideas.  Some times Lots of times I come home with a treasure, other times I might just be inspired to try something new in my home using what I already have.  The shops motivate me to think in new ways.   Think about what you have and incorporate it in a new and fresh way.
This store is called "Whimsy".  It is located in downtown Morris, IL.  As you can see by the window the owner is quite creative and that is an under statement.  She is amazing! 
This was a must have!  On my last visit, I bought this oval chalk board picture.  It was the perfect shape for a spot in my dinning room. 

The owner, Traci makes a lot of the items.  Here are a couple handmade items.  As you can see they are so vintage looking!  I like the long cones they are very unique .  The ball was decoupaged with sheet music.  Great ideas!
This picture was taken at a shop called "DeJa Vu" located in Ottawa, IL.  It has a little different feel and is also very inspiring.  The store has a lot of architectural elements.  The rustic with the elegant appeals to me. 
 More old world elegance!  The store has two floors of Christmas delight.  If you are in the area its worth seeing.
The carolers are so cute and on my want list, I might add!
Came home with a few of these pretties!
Pure Christmas Inspiration!
 



 
 

No comments: