A Place Called Home!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Warmth of Home Wednesday- Keep the Peace!

The days are flying by and my "to do list" is growing longer.  I think everyone feels the same way.  With the expectations of a perfect Christmas I am aware that if I lose my peace, Christmas will not be enjoyable for me or those around me.  My goal is to have a warm, cozy Christmas at home with those I love, cherishing  the time spent with my family.  That goal starts with me staying in peace even if somethings don't get done.

My husband and I are in a Marriage Small Group.  We just finished a study called "Love and War" by John and Stacey Eldridge.  The last chapter of the book really sums up our daily walk.  We are called to walk in love and that is walked out in a 100 little choices we make everyday.  Choose to listen when you want to speak, encourage someone when you are discouraged, give when you would rather receive. The old expression "little foxes spoil the vine", is really very true.  Little offenses build.  If we are honest, most of us are still trying to pass "Love 101".  Spending some time each day meditating on the word of God and just being quiet in His presence keeps me on track.  When I get too busy for that daily quiet time, look out!

  My husband and I spent the weekend at an old log lodge in a  beautiful state park.  As we were just about there it started snowing.  When we woke up Sat. morning, this is what we saw. It was like a scene right out of "White Christmas"
During the day we decorated for my husbands Company Christmas Banquet.  It was at a Country Club close to the lodge. This picture was taken coming home after the banquet.  What a wonderful time we had.
It was really fun to see the banquet come together.  I took a few pictures but you can really see the details of the amazing decorations at  whimsydecor.blogspot.com. Traci, from Whimsy's did the decorating.  She is very talented and super creative.
The centerpiece sat on a real log.  The table numbers were made of moss and attached to the log with an antique nail. There were individual arrangements by each plate. 
Each person had an individual small arrangement by their plate.

The charger was actual wood.  The menu was printed on wood paper.  It was really cool! 
This was the table as you enter the banquet.  The little logs had each persons name and table number on the outside and some goodies on the inside.
This was one of the many presents.
Be sure to check out the blog whimsydecor.blogspot.com.

Remember, keep the peace, walk in love, and let your home reflect what is in your heart!
Glory to God!   

No comments: