A Place Called Home!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Warmth of Home Wednesday- Reflecting on time spent with Family!

Christmas 2010 is over.  The house is once again quiet.  As I begin to deal with the aftermath of wrapping paper, boxes, leftover food, laundry etc.,I reflect on the time spent with my loved ones.
 First of all, my husband.  Here he is opening a present and holding his grandchild.  What a man of God he is!  He works so hard and always puts the comforts of his family before his own wants.  I helped him out with shopping for me and gave him a couple ideas which he followed through on but the thing that blessed the socks off of me was a card that he gave me.  He took the time to pick a card that was exactly what he wanted to say and it deeply touched my heart.  It made everything all worth while.  My worth and value rose about a 100%.  I know that it is not easy for him to put his feelings into words and that is why he takes extra time to find just the right card.  The card  was the best gift he could have given me.
A new granddaughter makes Christmas pretty special.  Here she is with her Mommy.  She is modeling a new hat which I knit for her.  It is another hat from the book, "Itty-bitty Hats" by Susan B. Anderson.  If you like the hat, you might want to visit her blog.

It was a blessing to watch my daughter.  As a first time Mommy, my daughter is a natural.  She is so loving and gentle with our granddaughter.  She has such a tender heart.  Seeing all that she has gone through the last 31/2 months, I realize that Motherhood is truly a sacrifice, it is a giving of ones all, for a cause bigger than oneself.  Motherhood is the Lords work!  There is little glamour in it, as one has to deal with dirty diapers, around the clock feeding and pants that don't fit anymore.   You might ask yourself is Motherhood all its cracked up to be?  Well look at that healthy, happy baby and answer that!!!  The potential within that child which will come forth with the guidance and nurturing of two parents.  Mollie I applaud you!!!  You are a wonderful wife and Mother.  Your value and worth is far above gold or silver. You are truly a beautiful woman of God, inside and out!

Thank you Lord for families.  People that care for one another, that serve you by serving others.  Families are your plan and never are we more like you than when lay down our lives to better someone else.

Cozy Blessing and Warm Christmas Memories!
Bev


 

No comments: