A Place Called Home!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday in the Making-Sweet Baby Sweater!

Good Morning!  Does anyone else feel the winter drabs or is it just me!  I'm feeling house bound and unmotivated to tackle the daily to do list. Funny how exciting it can be to start a new project and then so easy to put off finishing it!  Well today I'm going to share with you a project that needs to get finished if the baby is ever going to be able to wear it.  My goal this week is to get it finished!  Perseverance!!!  That's my motto, that and the fact that I will not allow myself to buy another pattern or start another project until I finish a couple I have in the making!
This is a sweet little hoodie!  The good news is the pattern was free, it was just hanging in the yarn department, so of course I just had to pick it up.  Next thing I know I'm browsing the isles looking for the perfect yarn!  Maybe it would just be better for me to stay out of stores like that!!  Just kidding!

The hood.
Two fronts and the back.
Two sleeves with the white edging already added.

Today I need to block the pieces, let it dry for a day then crochet the button band and sew together.  The last thing to do will be to sew on buttons and add the white edging around the rest of the sweater.  Pray for a favorable outcome!

This is a Bernat pattern and they have a website.  www.bernat.com.  If you are looking for free patterns you might want to check it out. 

I will leave you with a scripture to lift your spirits and encourage you to persevere.

"And he shall be like a tree firmly planted by the streams of water, ready to brig forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither and everything he does shall prosper and come to maturity."  Psalms 1:3.

God Bless your day, may it be cozy and  fruitful
.
Bev
  

 

No comments: