A Place Called Home!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Warmth of Home Wednesday-Just let me Curl up on the Sofa!


Aren't these just the cutest little flowers!  I have been crocheting little flower every night as I curl up under a blanket on the sofa.  I look forward to the evening, when dinner is over and the dishes are done and I can just chill out on the sofa and be cozy and do some hand work. It is a treat after working all day to unwind and  do something that is enjoyable and relaxing and I might add productive

.
This is a card I made using the flowers.  I needed a birthday card and I wanted it to be something special.  I added buttons to the inside of the flower.  I have some ideas for the rest of the flowers too.  Of course I will save some to use in scrapbooking and then I thought about adding some to the Baby Sweater, which by the way is layed out on the floor drying, after I blocked it.  They could be added to hats, slippers, hair headbands, they could be put on wreaths, or made into a corsage.  The list is endless.

I found the pattern for this at a great blog called Little Birdie Secrets.blogspot.com.  It was a free little tutorial that showed how to make them.  On this same blog I found a tutorial for little hearts and butterflies.  I crocheted a bunch of little hearts and gave them to the gals at Card Club.  Can't wait to see what ideas they come up with for using them. 

Hope you snuggle up on your sofa tonight, and enjoy the warmth of home.
Warm and Cozy Blessing!
Bev 
   

No comments: