A Place Called Home!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Warmth of Home Wednesday-At home in the Mts.

Good Morning!  Hope your home is warm and cozy this morning.  I am looking out my kitchen window and it looks so cold outside and a little bleak!  My thoughts return to our recent trip to the Mt's.  What a wonderful time we had with our family.   
The the Mt's. in all there beauty and splendor.  The handiwork of God!  Absolutely beautiful to behold!
This is the house where we stayed and I might add where I spent most of my time.  It was a beautiful home and accommodated all 13 of us with room to spare!  Plenty of cozy sitting areas with fireplaces and plenty of windows to look outside and see the beauty.
Most of the family went skiing and for those who love to ski, this is a giant playground! 

 Some went snowshoeing and found some great trails.  Others (Like myself) stayed in the house and did crafts or read, and most importantly held the baby.  Here she is celebrating her 1st Valentines Day!

 We did venture out on a couple occasions to do some shopping.  In the evenings we played games.  "Catch Phrase" was our family favorite!  Sometimes we laugh until our sides hurt.  Later in the evening there was usually a card game going on down stairs.  Wow!  Vacations are just the best of times with family" 

Each person took a turn cooking a meal and we had some great food.  This meal was barbecued meat that my daughter and son-in-law made.  They also made homemade cornbread and baked beans.  It was amazing!  Every meal was soooo good! 

Family, the dearest people on this earth!  Sharing laughter, fun times and happy memories!  Thanks for the memories!  I love you all!
  

No comments: