A Place Called Home!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Finished Friday-The Great Outdoors!

Its Friday!  Wow!!  The weeks just fly by!  A few projects did get finished this week which I will share with you.  The fist was to decorate the mantel.  It was definitely time to take the nativity, and stockings down.

  Have you noticed all the antlers used in decorating lately? They are just fun!   I saw some at a market before Christmas and they were quite pricey so, knowing that my daughters boyfriend is an avid hunter, I put antlers on my Christmas list!  Well, guess what??  Yes, I got antlers for Christmas and as an added bonus I got an antler picture frame.  Love it!

I tucked antlers in an around others pieces in this grouping, giving it a rustic feel.  I needed heigth on the mantel so I put some twigs in a vase, which added to the "Great Outdoors" theme.  Added  a snowman,(after all it is still winter), pine cones,  family pictures, and ya, I kinda like it!


While on the subject of "The great Outdoors", yes I did get another scrapbook layout done this week. There seems to be a hunting and fishing theme going on here today!  The dies on the page were from "Stamping Station" and I have had them for a long, long time, in fact many years ago I taught a class using these dies.  I am not sure if they are still available to buy but the techniques can be applied to any die cut.  
The fish look so real and believe me, you do not have to be an artist to do it.  All you need is a pencil, pen, chalk ,orange eyelets for the eyes, and a white eraser is helpful. 
       This looks like and old cabin in the woods, maybe a place one would stay on a fishing trip.

The little sign was made by stamping the letters on paper, cutting around them, distressing the edges and adding a  wire hanger.  What a fun page this was to do and what a great memory!

It really has been a good week and since it is too cold to be outside, why not bring a little of the outside in!

Cozy Blessing from our Home to Yours!
Bev    
  

No comments: