A Place Called Home!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday in the Making - Getting down to some serious Scrapbooking!

January is the perfect time to scrapbook!  The house is quiet, its too cold to be outside, and you can reflect on all the great memories of the past year.  My goal is always to stay current with scrapbook events as they happen.  Well needless to say, it usually doesn't happen and I find myself playing catch up in January.  This year is no exception, I barely got anything done from 2010.  Now my goal is to get the family album done by February when the whole family goes skiing.  The family so much enjoy seeing the albums and I love to create them.  I wonder if it is really worth all the time I put into doing it.  I have seriously thought about going digital, but what fun would that be! There is just something so special about scraping my own creation using my own two hands.  I compare it to making a quilt.   The real treasures were the old quilts which tell a story by the fabrics, hand stitches, and all the love that went into them.  Just like these old quilts made by my husbands Grandmother.

Maybe in a 100 yrs. from now (if the Lord hasn't returned) my albums will tell a story of what our lives were like and what was important to us.  In this fast pace computer age, handmade items hold a special value. If our ancestor es had time to make quilts like this, I mean, just look at all those tiny stitches!  This quilt is a loved and cherished heirloom.   Yes I can  and will find the time time to finish another album!
This month I will hopefully share with you handmade elements to use in scrapbook layouts.  I hope they will inspire you to take the time to create a legacy.  Whether it be with fabric or paper, use your hands and follow your heart!

 The holly leaves were made with my Cricut machine and the "Winter Wonderland" cartridge.  The larger ones are more of a vintage style, using white,light gray and light bluish green paper.  I used a pen to make the veins and accentuate the berries.  Lastly I used a glue pen and glitter to add the finishing sparkle.  The smaller leaves were done the same, but I used two shades of green for  the leaves and  red for the berries. 

 Looking through all the pictures from last year, I can't help but smile!  So many great memories!  I realize how truly blessed my life is!  Yes, scrapbooking reminds me of the faithfulness of God.  How very good He is and how greatly He has blessed our family!  Thank you dear Lord for 2010 it was a wonderful year!
Cozy Blessing
Bev
    

No comments: