A Place Called Home!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A new Design-#2!

Aren't these poinsettias super cute!  They were cut using the Cricut machine and the "Winter Wonderland" cartridge. The Cricut machine, and cartridges are a popular tool among scrapbookers.  They were selling like hotcakes before Christmas.  I know this because I stood in line waiting to purchase my sale item too.
 With so many great blogs out there, and believe me I love to check them out, I have not come across many great Cricut ideas.   So guess what?  Yes, I am digging in and discovering the potential hidden in these little cartridges. I will be sharing with you what I discover so be sure to check back often.  Today let me share with you how these little poinsettias came alive.

Here are the three pieces cut by the Cricut machine.  Now the fun begins!  The transformation is pretty cool.

                                           
Here is a picture of the supplies I used.   Before gluing them together I drew veins on the leaves, circles on the yellow center and outlined the petals of the flowers.  Then using the sponges I added shadowing around the edges and in the valleys.  This just made them pop.  Huge difference!  Try it and have some fun!
God bless your day with creative and cozy blessings!
Bev

No comments: