A Place Called Home!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Warmth of Home Wednesday-Love those Strawberries!

Aren't these paper strawberries just the cutest!  Yes, I am still scrapbooking!  The strawberries are to put on a food related page.  I am going to scatter them around on the page. 

As I sit in my kitchen writing this blog, I am also eating my breakfast, or I guess I should say drinking my breakfast.  I am having a strawberry protein drink!  How appropriate!  Tell me, who doesn't love strawberries!  I have this several times a week and just love it!  I do not really use a recipe for it and everyday it changes but I will share with you the basic idea. 

Strawberry Protein Breakfast  in a Glass
Yogurt, usually about a 1/3 of a cup
a few ice cubes to make it thick and icy
milk (I like to use Almond milk)
a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I prefer whey)
1 TBSP. ground flax seed (grind it right before making it because the flax will lose its potency quickly)
6-7 frozen strawberries, depending on the size and person preference



Variations
fresh spinach (a generous handful )  turns your drink a green color but is soooo healthy
o.j. juice (this morning I squeezed an orange and added the juice to my drink for some added Vit. C)
peanut butter (1 TBSP.)
banana
blueberries or any fruit you happen to have

Be creative with this and make your breakfast drink with what you have on hand or what sounds good to you.  This is my favorite breakfast, it just makes me feel good and it satisfies me so I am not wanting something else to eat.  Hope you try one and enjoy it.

Cozy blessing!
Bev 

No comments: