A Place Called Home!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Warmth of Home Wednesday-A Snowy Morning!

This picture made me chuckle!  It could be my husband and I, only he would have a much bigger smile, and I might not be smiling.  The snow really is pretty and I like to look out at it  but play in it, no thanks!.  My thoughts center around making a pot of soup and letting it simmer all day while I scrapbook.  My husband, on the other hand, loves adventure, so his thoughts are, to get outside and enjoy the snow.  He loves to ski so we will be headed for the Mts soon.  Balance!  We make a great team!  Ha!

I must apologize for not following through on Cricut ideas.  Plan A became Plan B.  Let me share with you what happened and what I learned, which will maybe help someone out there who finds themselves in a similar situation.  First of all the blade on my machine was not cutting good.  I could not remember when or if I had ever changed the blade.  After a trip to the store, I thought I was in business.  Wrong!  I could not get the blade back in.  Long story short the company is sending me a new part, which will take 7-10 days to get.  My husband, genius that he is, figured out what the problem was.  There was a ball of fuzz, probably from frayed paper that was down inside the piece that engages the blade.  I am a liitle behind schedule but back in business.

www.obsessedwithscrapbooking.com  is a blog which was very helpful and I learned things about my Cricut machine which I did not know.  I hope you will check it out.


Since I am playing catch up and have a lot of pictures and little time, I am trying to put more pictures on a page.  No, it does not look like the designer pages, but it is still creative and economical.  All I used to make this page was paper, adhesive, pen, ink for shading and of course lots of pictures.
Just a few accents cut from the Cricut cartridge "Winter Wonderland"  I am really trying to keep it simple.

A little journaling and the page is complete.  Realistically speaking, it was fast, fun and I am quite sure it will put a smile on faces as they remember the good times share with  family and friends.  It is good to reflect on the goodness of the Lord.  Psalm 77:12 " I will reflect on all you have done and meditate on your actions." Thank you Lord for families, friends and great memories.

Warm and Cozy Blessing (from inside my home)!!!
Bev
    

No comments: