A Place Called Home!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Finished Friday - Its beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

The kitchen at least is beginning to look like Christmas!  It is a slow process as I have been getting up and down using my trust stool to decorate above my cabinets and shelves which are a little to high to reach without it. 
It would be great to be a decorator by profession but most of us are not.  The most important things is that your home reflect what is important to you this Christmas season .  Let your home be a witness of what is in your heart this Christmas.
 
It is always good to share ideas.  I hope these pictures will inspire you to do something that maybe you hadn't thought of trying before.
If you have space above your cabinets, use it.  Keep the counter tops to minimal allowing room to prepare food and remember you will needs lots of space for all those Christmas cookies your going to be baking.  Go with a theme, especially if you gravitate toward something.  I collect snowmen, so above the cupboard seems like the perfect place to display them.  Our families and friends do seem to gather in the kitchen, so why not make it fun and festive! Mix into the collection other items as well.  Do you have a family heirloom?  The brown pitchere above was my Grandmother,so naturally I love it!
The nativity was handed down from my parents so it has warm memories of Christmas with family that is no longer with us.  It is a goal to have a nativity in every room.  After all "Jesus" is the reason for the season and that is  important in our home. 
This plate was a gift from my daughters.  The message speaks volumes.  The best part of Christmas is being with those we love.  It is going to be great having everyone home for Christmas.   Just hanging out together!  How wonderful! 
I became a Grandmother this past year.  The square plate was a gift from my sister.  My sister is such a support to me.  We are now both Grandmothers so we have plenty to talk about.  The plate is proudly displayed in my kitchen.  What a blessing from the Lord to have a precious grandchild!
 Handmade items are always fun to display but especially at Christmas!  What do you love to do?  Think about putting it on display!  These little stitchery pictures are so fun to make.  My husband made the frames to fit the picture since some of the sizes are not standard.  I painted the frames with black craft paint.  
 These two patterns are from "The Basket Case XXX Needle Therapy".  The above picture is called "Lost Mitten" and bottom picture is called "Oh Christmas Tree".  Old buttons are sewn on the branches.

This week Hobby Lobby had pictures frames 50% off so I bought a few more.  I want lots of pictures of family on display for Christmas.  Events of the past year and some pictures  of Christmas when the girls were little.  I have tucked pictures around the kitchen.

Tomarrow I will share more ideas but for now its back to work.
Cozy blessing from my home to yours!
Bev
       

No comments: