A Place Called Home!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Finished Friday

Projects, projects, projects, that is just the way my mind works.  There are so many great ideas out there and each one I want to make.  I catch myself saying, "I could make that!".   For that very reason, I have always gravitated to magazines.  Can't walk by a stand without picking one up for a quick browse, hoping to find the next great idea.  A habit that annoys my family greatly, I might add.  Now that I have my own lap top the problem has escalated.  Talk about good stuff out there.  Yes, there are lots of great ideas out there but the question one must ask is, "will I ever get this project done?".  Today instead of thinking about all the projects yet to be done I will share one that is completed.  Looking at the finished project spurs me on to do the next project, the one that will really excite me, the one that will not only bless me but those who enter my home.

Here is Friday's finished project.  Every fall I bring it out and hang it over the bannister in my kitchen.

The pattern has 5 blocks, each with an acorn. 

I used some recycled wool, flannel, felt and of course cotton fabric. When I saw this pattern, I just knew I had to make it.  Isn't is just sew cute!  It was allot of fun to make too!   
   Don't you just love the old crow!  The primitive stitches were really fun to do and it goes fast.
    
When thinking about all the projects you want to make look around and enjoy the ones already completed.  It will encourage and motivate you  to continue on to your list of , "Must Do's, Can't Live Without, Just Gotta Make It",  Projects! 
Cozy Blessings from My Home to Yours! 
Bev

No comments: