A Place Called Home!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday in the Making - Decorating Progress!

I can safely say the decorating is still in the making.  The progress is good but it is just not there yet.  No one wants to see the mess created while in a decorating frenzy, so I will spare you the agony.  Instead here are some bits and pieces of the big picture. 
Shelves are great for decorating.  They add so much character to any space.  It is a great way to display dishes, pictures and of course the beloved Christmas memorabilia. 
This shelf is in a small bathroom off the family room.  I just wanted a little touch of Christmas in here,  not too much.  The shelf allowed me to accomplish that tastefully.   Remind yourself sometimes just a touch will do. KISS!
This shelf is in my kitchen.  I saw an idea someplace and honestly I don't remember where, but it was of cascading plates. I tried it in the kitchen and really liked it.  The plates are changed with the seasons. 
This shelf hangs in the dining room.  The shelf was made by my husband.  The dark top is from and old upright piano that once was housed in our basement.  That is until it went to piano heaven (the recycling bin, and no I do not believe in reincarnation!).  The white back is an old headboard which I painted and antiqued.  I just love the way it turned out. 
I hung paper mache snowflakes from the plates.
Cozy Blessings!
Bev
  

No comments: