A Place Called Home!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Warmth of Home Wednesday - Christmas Here We Come!

It's a gray, foggy morning outside and here I sit in my cozy kitchen with a cup of warm coffee.  As I look around the kitchen, I feel a bit overwhelmed.  The realization that its time to take down all the fall decorations.  Normal I wait till after Thanksgiving to do this but this year we will be gone for Thanksgiving and the really cool thing is that our family will all be home for Christmas.  Naturally I want the house to look great, so it is time to begin the transition.  Motivation!  This is key to any big project!   
Inspiration will take you from this to----well you will have to wait a few days to see!
Today I will share with you what motivates and inspires me to not only tackle the project but to do it with excitement, enthusiasm and gusto!

Books!  Take a trip to your local library and browse.  I have found some great ideas!  What excites you?  A book that I found last year which I just loved was called "Vintage Christmas Crafts" by Sara Toliver. Mary Carol Garrity, is a great decorator and she has a couple Christmas Books that I also like.  Anyway look for a book that stimulates you and helps you to in vision what you want your home to look like this Christmas.
Blogs!  A few of my favorites:  "My Romantic Home", "Everday Beauty In the Home"  "The Unpainted Cottage".  There are so many great blogs and the Christmas ideas will be inspiring to say the least.
Shops!  Nothing puts me in the mood to decorate like a day of shopping.  I have a few favorite shops that will blow your socks off!   
Today, however, I am bringing up the boxes and starting to dismantle fall.  If I make good progress today, I will shop tomorrow and share with you the inspiration of my favorite shops. 
Cozy Blessings from my Home to Yours!
Bev 

No comments: