A Place Called Home!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Warmth of Home Wednesday

Our homes are such a blessing from the Lord.  A house is just a building, but a home, well that has a whole new meaning.  The definition of a home in Webster's Dictionary is:  "one's dwelling place".  Home is a reflection of the very character of those who dwell there.  Let your home be filled with what is meaningful to you.  Items that reflect your mission in life, your journeys,  loved ones and the memories  shared with family and friends.  I remember my dear Mother  having pictures stuck all over her home.  She had them on cupboard doors, mirrors, walls, china cabinet, etc.  I used to find it somewhat annoying, but now older and wiser, I realize that the pictures of her loved ones and the memories of time spent with her beloved family were truly her greatest earthly treasure. The pictures brought her great joy and made her house a home .
Here are some pictures from my home, little things that make me smile, and delight me when I walk by them.  My home reminds me of who I am, where I've been, what is most important in life, and that my life is truly blessed.
A reminder of my Christian heritage, God's provision and abundance.
                                                  The changing of the seasons!  Love fall!
         Talk about blessed!  Man, do I love my family!  Nothing on this earth  
is more precious to me.  Great memories!  Mom, I understand !
                        The vase is a family heirloom, and the cloth pumpkins were a gift from my daughters,
                                    Really enjoy this plate,  the message speaks what is in my heart.
Thank you Lord for the warmth of home!  You are sooo good and your love to us endures forever.
Cozy blessing from my home to yours!
Bev

    

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your comments about our mom brought tears to my eyes. She did love her family with all of her heart and was such a precious gift to us. Your blog is such a blessing.