A Place Called Home!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Warmth of Home Wednesday-Craftin In the Cave!

"She Cave" is the name my husband gave to my craft room.  Probably because its where I like to hang out, hibernate, and not be seen for days.  Ha!  Really, its not quite that bad, but believe me I do love my space!  Actually I think a more appropriate name for the room would be "Rose Garden" or something refreshing like that.  Anyway, enough about the room!  Today I wanted to share with you a recycling project from the Cave/Garden.   
I saw this craft in "The Green Magazine" and thought it was really cool.  They recycled paper sack to make paper trim.  What a great idea!  It really could be used in so many ways and who doesn't love having something to use which is actually free!!!  This was really super easy to do!  Cut strips the width you want, fold at even intervals, sew down the middle and add whatever you want.  I cut a piece of word print and added it down the center.  The magazine had used a strip of tatting, which was awesome.  It really looked so old fashion. 
  
 Here is a picture of what the various widths look like.  I plan to embellish the trim in a variety of ways depending how I use it.  For now I wrapped it around a spool and it is ready to use when I need it.

Cozy Craftin from my Cave to Yours!
Bev

No comments: